A fine business will offer various payment options to their customers to enlarge their service. Customers will feel more convenient to consume if they allowed different payment options.
After you have finalized the customer's cart, you can accept payment from a variety of payment methods on the payment panel. You can choose which payment methods appear on the payment panel from the POS settings. If your customer is paying with multiple payment methods or can't pay for their whole order at once, then they can make a partial payment.
The following actions will be completed in the backend
1. POS statement will be updated by the given payment mode.
2. An invoice will be validated if invoice functionality enabled in POS configuration.
3. Invoice entry will be posted.
If POS user-chosen wrong payment mode while doing transactions.
Instead of refunding the order, can edit the wrong payment mode in POS. Select the customer and click on “customer Log” it will show all orders of the particular customer.
Orders of the current session will have “Edit payment mode” option. While you click on the “Edit” button, it will open a new popup with payment option. Here you can select your correct payment mode or add new payment mode and confirm.
Following will be done while we correct the wrong payment mode by the correct one.
1. POS order will be updated by the correct payment mode.
2. Upon session close, a wrong payment journal entry will be voided with zero amount.
3. And the correct payment journal will be posted and matched with an invoice.
If the POS user-selected the wrong customer name or product or quantity.
In this situation, we can cancel the invoice from the POS. Instead of creating refund/return order and creating unnecessary entries we can cancel the invoice by simple steps.
Upon Canceling an Invoice, following changes happen
1. The Invoice is set to Cancelled state.
2. The Journal entry for this Invoice is voided.
3. Set Debit and Credit value as 0 in journal item.
4. Price unit of Invoice line and POS order line is set to 0.
5. Payment journal is voided after session close.
1 The order window will show all orders of the selected customer in POS.
2 Current session orders will have Cancel and Edit Option.
3 Can edit or add new payment mode for wrong payment.
4 Cancel an order and invoice (inappropriate product or Qty) with a confirmation message.
5 Invoice and payment journal entry will be voided for a canceled order.
6 Reducing time and improving efficiency.
7 Can restrict to edit some payment mode by setting “Allow reconcile entry” false.
Module: account_accountant, account, account_cancel, skit_pos_edit_payment_mode
Configuration: We should enable “Allow Cancelling Entries” for the journal in Accounting -> Configuration -> Accounting -> Journal.
Note: Activate developer mode in Settings-> Activate the developer mode (with assets).
Create point Of Sales terminal with different payment mode in Point of Sale -> Configuration ->Point of sale and create.